Saturday, February 2, 2013

#2 J27-F2 RAFM Dwarf

The miniature I chose for this week was one that I've had for a while now.  This is a dwarf from RAFM Miniatures fantasy line.  He came in a pack of 3 called the trench pounders (see down below for a link). I have to say they are decent little sculpts, but that I didn't much care for the little base that he came on and I wanted to change that. There is a video done by Doctor Faust's Painting Clinic that teaches his technique for making stone bases (link below). I think the results speak for itself, I definitely will be basing other figures this same way in future posts. I would like to give a shout out to secret weapon washes, I used the stone wash for this base and was really happy with out how it turned out. Something that I really liked about this miniature was the way that his studded leather armor turned out. I mixed a red wash with scorched brown paint to get the color the way I wanted. Something to work on for next time was the shield. I think the red looks good, but it doesn't have a lot of depth to the color. I also could have sculpted something onto the shield to add some flare to it.
You can see how nice the wash worked on the base.

Links:


2 comments:

  1. Again, nice job. He is a little bright for my tastes on a Dwarf, little more gnomish to me. My dwarves all tend toward deep blues and greys. I love the stone base and may have to check out that link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a bunch of the other dwarves that RAFM did and I too painted them grey and dark blue. Most if them are partially finished and I plan on finishing them for a future post.

      Delete