Sunday, March 31, 2013

#7-12 The Bones Brigade

So 6 miniatures in 3 weeks turned into 6 in 4. I know it's been a while since my last post, but in this time I have been able to do some other things with my time than paint (Skyrim, LoL). I doubt I will try to do this many at a time again. It's not that I cant it just begins to feel like a chore. It's probably the reason I didn't get a lot of my Warhammer 40k miniatures painted when I used to play. Although it does feel good to be 2 weeks ahead of my goal.
Alright now for the skeletons. These guys come from the RAFM box set Shambling Death. I have quite a few RAFM miniatures for 2 reasons. They are readily available at The Sentry Box where I buy a lot of my miniatures and hobby supplies, and they are cheap compared to a lot of the other companies out there. This box of skeletons only cost $22 and came with 18 miniatures. I painted the robes on them different colors so that when I use them for D&D I can tell them apart on the table.
Things I liked about these paint job was the blue and green clothing. I think I am going to try and work more with these colors in the future. I didn't like the bone color. Particularly the brown ink. I think in the future I am going to prime white from now on with skeletons.
Let me know what you think, and if you have suggestions for future minis. I might do a sci-fi figure in the next couple of weeks maybe even a GW model.





Taking advantage of the warm day to clear coat and prime my minis.
 I need to start editing my photos so they don't look jumbled like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment