Sunday, March 3, 2013

#6 Eldessa, The Necromancer


Six weeks in and still going strong.  This week I chose a miniature that I had started over a year ago but never finished painting. Although she was partially painted before I redid most of the figure except for the metallic shoulder pad.  It was an interesting mini to paint, lots of skin and robes.  To be honest I think I need to get my eyes checked because I see a lot of details in my photos that I don't think I can pick out while I am painting.  I'm sure it is time anyway since I haven't had my eyes checked in over 10 yrs.



The part I liked most about how this paint job came out had to be the purple robes.  My biggest dislike was the sword.  I probably rushed it a little.  Some of you may be wondering why my bases always seem to be a little glossy.  I use Vallejo Glossy Black on the edges of my bases to give it a finished look.  This mini had a base sculpted to it but I thought she would tip over to easily so I pinned her to a simple square base.



Links:
Eldessa, Necromancer Reaper Mini
P.S. TGFRFF (Thank Goodness for Reaper Figure Finder) I couldn't remember what this one was called it was so long ago I bought and opened it.

No comments:

Post a Comment